Essential Oil TIPS by Marcia 🙂
OK friends – we need to BE TICK SMART! We are never really out of the clear when it comes to Ticks – but – as we are getting OUT and about more – here are some KEY TIPS on managing these creepers and keeping you and your family SAFE – NATURALLY:
TICK REPELLENT SPRAY
• 2 c. White Vinegar
• 1 c. Water
• 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
• 5 drops Thyme Essential Oil
• 10 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
Combine and shake well. Apply to clothing, skin, and hair. Reapply every 4 hours to keep ticks away. Be sure to examine yourself when you get back inside.
If you do happen to find a tick on your body, remove immediately with tweezers or a tick-removal device. Do NOT try to smother the tick with liquid soap or Essential Oils.
Irritating the tick and making it to “let go” will cause it to regurgitate potentially dangerous toxins into the bite.
If you do find yourself in this situation, use the following recipe after removing the tick:
TICK BITE RELIEF RECIPE
• 3 drops Oregano Essential Oil
• 2 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
• 2 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
• 2 drops Purify Essential Oil Blend
• 1 tbsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil
Apply twice daily to bottoms of feet, and the area where the tick was located on your body, until all symptoms are gone. If possible, take the tick in to a medical professional to be tested for disease.
NOTE: This is for HUMANS only – NOT PETS.
- Taking a Social Media Break + Paleo Powdered Sugar Recipe
- A Toast To Waffles!