Welcome FGS peoples!
Hey, have you all peeped our online store yet?! WAY cool. Check it out and see what you think! Have anything you want us to add? Call the store or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Today I have for you a chicken salad recipe!! I LOVE chicken salad. The weather is kinda sorta warming up on some days? But hey, we are sneaking up on June my friends and that is reason enough to break it out!
I added loads of veg to this recipe. Man, I love when I can eat all of my food groups in one dish. It is one of my small happys in this life. Because of all the colors, this makes for a gorgeous salad, and could even be served at something other than your kitchen counter or a backyard barbecue! Maybe even… at a backyard *party*. Oooo. Fancy.
Anyyywho, it’s obvious I miss socializing enormously but before we continue down that route I will share this delicious, nutritious recipe with you! Enjoy it, fam. Nothing like some cold chicken salad and a glass of lemonade outside.
INGREDIENTS (For those that do not know, any ingredients that can be found at FGS, will be marked with an asterix)
+1 lb Organic Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs* (you can use breasts but fam, the thighs have waaaay more flav.)
+1/2c red bell pepper*
+1/2 c carrot diced
+1/2c cooked frozen or fresh broccoli*
+1 can black olives (BE SURE that they do not have “caramel color” or “sodium______”; buy them only with sea salt. I like the Lindsey brand, but organic is even better.)
+avocado oil, sugar free mayo to your liking
+2 tbls spicy brown mustard
+1 tbls coconut aminos*(they should be in next week!)
+himalayan salt to taste*
OPTIONAL: This would’ve been brought another level with a gentle florally onion situation. AKA CHIVES. I would highly recommend adding those in here. plus, it looks so beautiful when you save a few to decorate the tops. #FANCY
- Preheat oven to 425 and open up the chicken. Pour out the liquid. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and salt them liberally.
- Bake chicken for 20-25 mins.
- While chicken is baking, put your frozen broccoli in a sauce pan with water just covering. Bring to a boil, leave for 2 mins, and then take off the heat.
- Pour the broccoli into a colander and cover with ice.
- While broccoli is cooking and then cooling, dice your red bell pepper and carrots as small as you like.
- Open your olives, pour out the liquid and rinse them. Dice finely.
- Take out your chicken (if it is ready) and begin chopping cooled broccoli.
- Chop chicken into small pieces, let cool for about 5 more mins and then mix the chicken and veggies together.
- Add mayo, mustard, coconut aminos, and salt and stir.
- Serve over spinach, fresh sourdough or your fave GF bread. Or maybe just eat with a spoon right out of the bowl. One of my faves.
Best and be well,