Hello my beautiful readers!
I am here to present to you today: a grain free, refined sugar free, dairy free, vegan PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHUNK BEET cookie!
They are packed with saturated fat, antioxidants and protein. You get trace minerals from the beet and maple syrup, and antibacterial and gut healing properties from the coconut oil. Straight brain food right here, my people.
I am a big time advocate for hiding veggies in anything. For my family and me, we try to get veggies in at every meal, but this doesn’t always mean shoving some buttered broccoli down our throats at 7am (although sometimes we love this too), but we try to be creative in how we consume.
Sometimes it means medicinal mushrooms in my coffee, other times its greens powder in my smoothie. Sometimes it’s a handful of spinach with coconut aminos on the go, other instances IT IS COOKIES. There are so many awesome ways to incorporate vegetables into any meal that you’re making! Getting creative with it ensures your family eats well, and any picky littles are getting their share of veggies which is super critical for detoxing as well as growing.
Beet is a naturally antioxidant rich root vegetable. It can aid in relieving inflammation, and improving overall heart health. The nitrates in beetroot have also shown to have an incredible effect on athletic performance. These sweet veggies will give you tons of energy!
Not only does it give a beautiful and deep red color to this dough, the slight earthy sweetness of it rounds out the richness of the peanut butter beautifully.
Now stop beetin’ around the bush and start baking!
PBeet Cookies (Yields about 20 cookies)
+2/3 C Almond Flour*
+1 1/2 C Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour*
+3 TBLS Beet Powder
+1 TSP Baking Powder*
+1 TSP Baking Soda*
+1/4 TSP Himalayan Salt*
+1/2 C Maple Syrup* (adjust according to preference. Sometimes I do a little less, sometimes I do a little more. Just taste your dough 🙂 )
+1 C Organic Peanut Butter (Crunchy or Creamy— totally your preference)
+3 TBLS Coconut Oil*
+1 TSP Vanilla Extract*
+1/2 C Almond Milk *(or other non-dairy milk substitute)
+1 Bag of Chocolate Chunks*
1.Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients- the flours, beet powder, baking soda and powder; salt.
3. Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup together in a separate bowl. Slowly add the almond milk. Pour in vanilla extract.
4. Melt the coconut oil and add to the peanut butter mixture. Mix.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry, and once all is thoroughly combined, add your desired amount of chocolate chunks! I used Enjoy Life, which are available at For Goodness Sake.
6. Bake at 350 for about 15-17 minutes. They will turn a lighter pink color in the oven.
7. Let cool and drizzle with more peanut butter or just enjoy as is!
-Can be made Paleo by subbing almond butter for peanut butter.
-Be sure to buy NON GMO Peanut Butter, organic is best.
-*Can be found at FGS.
Blessings and be well,