5 Ways to De-Stress Your Daily Routine
Friends, I love things that are extra ordinary. It is so fun to challenge yourself, particularly in your daily life! It is easy to get caught up in the everyday monotony and it can end up bumming you out. Take some intentional time this week to be in the uncomfortable, the weird, the different. Your courage and the impact you can have will surprise you!
I hope everybody is having a fabulous week, BUT if you are hitting some mid-week angst, I have a few solutions up my sleeve for some mind-shifting JOY. Get ready folks, we are about to “KonMari” some bad attitudes.
Let’s jump in my friends! Speaking of jumping…
- JUMP ON YOUR BED: Exercise is proven to reduce stress exponentially. Switch up your routine of the gym, yoga studio or whatever it is and bust out your inner child! There is nothing like doing something that you’re “not supposed to do”. Jump in, peeps!
- BE THANKFUL (especially) IN THE DIFFICULTY: We all have a family member, friend or coworker that totally rubs us the wrong way. They may be just super annoying or absolutely awful. In your interactions with those types, find something to be grateful for! Perhaps it’s the fact that you get to exercise patience, or maybe that you get to shine light into a life that is regularly very dark. Trust that these interactions are a chance to grow, even if it is hard in the moment. Gratitude is extremely powerful.
- TAKE YOURSELF OUT: I love going to the grocery store produce section and marveling at the beauty that comes from the ground up! It nourishes us, and each piece is so unique and exquisite. I really find that it can be a great place for inspiration. Another great grocery store find is FLOWERS. Always buy yourself flowers.
- FIND WAYS TO SWITCH UP YOUR ROUTINE: Challenge yourself to discover new ways to switch up your routine. Squats while brushing teeth? Butter in your coffee (comment below if you would like my butter coffee recipe)? Not opening your phone first thing in the morning? What would benefit YOU?
- DRIVE: This is kind of a classic.. turn the music up, roll the windows down and drive! Yes, it is winter! Blast the heat and love on yourself!
In closing, I read something recently that really resonated with me especially because I can be such a people pleaser: the number one regret of the dying was stated that they “wish I’d had the courage the live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.” On that note, get out there and change the world! It is never too late.
In the comments below share some ways you love to de-stress that are out of the ordinary!
As always, reach out to us with any questions, comments, concerns! We are always happy to help.
Blessings and be well,